Postal form available here: Askern 10 Mile Entry form 2014
On-line entries available here: On-line
(Answers to) Frequently asked questions:
- Race starts Sunday 10th August 2014 at 10.30am
- Race HQ and parking is Askern Miners Welfare Club, Manor Way, Askern, Doncaster, DN6 0AJ (map)
- No showers we’re afraid
- Numbers can be transferred to another runner with suitable notice but not to other Askern races
- Pre-entries close one week before the event (3rd August)
- Minimum legal age for this distance is 17
- Please supply your club name, not just your England Athletics number
- (Please write very clearly! Its hard to understand 400 people’s handwriting – don’t be offended if your name appears wrong in the results)
Which coincides with his 80th birthday.
The club night will be this ‘race’. Definitely a chance of a new name on the trophy (Collo’s crocked).
Subject says it all really… Think meet time is 1830 (please don’t leave it any later) so we can all be labelled ABC for the draw. Start sandbagging now.
No regular club on Ryecroft this night.
Don’t forget drinks and raffle after – donations to the raffle welcome…
Are available here: 2014 Askern 10km Results v2 (Updated 22/05) and soon to be available on John Schofield’s excellent site here: http://www.ukresults.net/14may.html#askern
These are preliminary results and subject to change.
A huge field with over 670 finishers meant this event is as popular as ever, hopefully you’ll be back next year.
Thanks to all the supporters and marshals who make this event possible. We like to keep our races as affordable as possible and all help is on a volunteer basis.
Burgo at 7.15PM this Sunday 11th May.
A quick note that we will be holding the Annual General Meeting after the April (3rd) Time Trial and chip butties at Norton Coronation Club. All members are welcome to attend and contribute.
One race finishes and another one starts…
Entry for the 2014 Askern 10km is open:
Some info for frequently asked questions:
- Entry is available on the day, however a £2 surcharge is in place so please enter prior if you can.
- Closing date for entries: 14th May 2014.
- Race starts at 1900h / 7.00pm.
- There is /no/ fun-run for this event
- Car parking and race HQ is at Askern Miners Welfare, Manor Rd. Askern, Doncaster DN6 0AJ. Its well signposted from the A19.
- Entries /cannot/ be transferred to other events, please don’t be offended.
Enter early and run well!
The results from both the main race and fun run are here: 2014 Norton 9 Mile Results
Thanks to everyone for entering and the marshals / administrators who enable this race to be run cheaply for the benefit of all.
Conditions were a little tricky but hopefully not too bad. The overall race winner entered on the day so wasn’t eligible for a prize! Always try to pre-enter to save yourself time and £2 on the day.
Hopefully see you all next year.