well, its the time trial Thursday 4th and there will be a committee meeting in the club after………..like the title says…….thanks, any agenda items or issues can be emailed to me at email@example.com
This is planned as a club trip, bus to be confirmed, the start time is 1000hrs not the usual 1200hrs.
Can anyone wanting to go on the bus please let me (Steve Leyland) or Paul Collo know at the earliest convenience please?
A wet one today… Well done to all those who didn’t let the conditions deter them, we had a 120 runners enter on the day!
Results here: 2014 Askern 10 Mile Results
Thanks to all the soggy marshals too.
There were some (not really) minor technical issues with the photos. Also some logistic issues and cars-in-the-way issues. And camera app closing just at the wrong moment issues.
In summary the photos aren’t very good. But here you go anyway. There were issues.
Which coincides with his 80th birthday.
The club night will be this ‘race’. Definitely a chance of a new name on the trophy (Collo’s crocked).
Postal form available here: Askern 10 Mile Entry form 2014
On-line entries available here: On-line
(Answers to) Frequently asked questions:
- Race starts Sunday 10th August 2014 at 10.30am
- Race HQ and parking is Askern Miners Welfare Club, Manor Way, Askern, Doncaster, DN6 0AJ (map)
- No showers we’re afraid
- Numbers can be transferred to another runner with suitable notice but not to other Askern races
- Pre-entries close one week before the event (3rd August)
- Minimum legal age for this distance is 17
- Please supply your club name, not just your England Athletics number
- (Please write very clearly! Its hard to understand 400 people’s handwriting – don’t be offended if your name appears wrong in the results)
Subject says it all really… Think meet time is 1830 (please don’t leave it any later) so we can all be labelled ABC for the draw. Start sandbagging now.
No regular club on Ryecroft this night.
Don’t forget drinks and raffle after – donations to the raffle welcome…
These are preliminary results and subject to change.
A huge field with over 670 finishers meant this event is as popular as ever, hopefully you’ll be back next year.
Thanks to all the supporters and marshals who make this event possible. We like to keep our races as affordable as possible and all help is on a volunteer basis.
Burgo at 7.15PM this Sunday 11th May.
A quick note that we will be holding the Annual General Meeting after the April (3rd) Time Trial and chip butties at Norton Coronation Club. All members are welcome to attend and contribute.