Entries are now open HERE or postal form: 2016 Norton 9 Entry Form.
Frequently asked questions:
- we always allow entries on the day however do charge an additional £2, please enter before the day; it helps both us and you
- pre-entry prices are £8 for UKA and £10 for unaffiliated
- DN6 9DG to get to the car parking/race HQ
- race starts at 1100
- unfortunately we can’t transfer unused entries to next years event and/or other races. However, tell us in time and we can transfer to a club mate/friend.
- we don’t do chip timing, don’t worry though – there were races accurately timed prior to 2010!
- its always sunny on the day (honest)
Hope to see you there.
Despite being previously told by the organisers the Middelkerke races are 21st August this year (their rule is 3rd Sunday in August, our 10 miler is 2nd Sunday in August) we have now had confirmation they have had to move their race to the 14th due to a clash with another festival.
This unfortunately clashes with our Askern 10mile and means its highly likely we won’t be doing the usual Middelkerke trip.
Suggestions are invited for an alternative and whilst there aren’t explicit set criteria my understanding of broad requirements are:
- suitable races to give most people the opporuntity to run (Middelkerke had 5km through 20km over the years, recently a 5km, 8km and 16km)
- within two hours of the Chunnel if coaching to the continent
- hotel large enough to house us all (20ish rooms?)
- restaurants again large enough to house big groups
- school holidays
Fez had a great suggestion, we could go on our regular dates regardless and organise a handicap / time trial ourselves! I like how he thinks…
Message from Uncle Fez:
Hiya, its that time to arrange the London Marathon trip (sunday 24th April). Typical trip, go down Saturday return Monday evening, staying at the Columbia hotel, Lancaster Gate OR arrange the trip to suite your requirements. The train tickets will be available quite soon , so numbers are required as soon as possible . If interested please put your name on the list in the changing room or contact myself or Phil.
Is a club run, entries here: Entry Form
Saturday 27th February 2016, start time 9am.
3 laps of an off-road 8.33km course for solo runners or teams of 3. Collo is sorting relay teams, if you want solo enter yourselves and the club will reimburse.
Subject says it all really. Usual 1900 for 1915. Royal.
Is first Friday in February (5th) rather than the last in January as Owston Lodge was unavailable. Tickets will be available soon.
They’ll be drinks at the Royal after running club Tuesday night…
The Club Handicap. Also known as the “Two Times Winner and Current Holder Tordoff’s Club Handicap”
Its on Monday 28th December, 10.00am start, meeting up at Royal at 9.30am. Pie will be served at 11.30am.
I’ll bring the trophy from my house (and I suppose I better get it engraved before returning).
Edwinstowe Food Order 2015 ***please print and take a copy so you know what’s what***
All, quick update and some useful information.
I will not be able to make it this year (work) but happy to sort everything as long as I can settle payment prior to the day. Can people start letting me know menu choice / numbers ASAP. A £10 deposit secures booking but I will be asking for remainder prior to the day.
Dave ‘Big Ben’ Bullock is only bloody sorting the Coach, so Nic and the girls can drink the day away !!!! He will update notice board at club so keep your eyes peeled about booking your seat.
We can do it by bank transfer / BACS / PAYM and I’ll come to club a couple of times for anyone keeping it old school (cash). I will be there this Tuesday (10th).
Menu is attached.Xmasparty2015
My contact details are :
email@example.com / 07990526044
Email /Text me for bank details or give cash to Phil Tordoff at club.
If you need one contact Doc Marlow as ex-Captain-now-current-Captain-again Collo is away for a bit.
Yup, he’s having another one. Drinks (somewhere) on Thursday 11th Nov after club. To be discussed when someone sees him. If arrangements are made let me know and I’ll update this.