Boxing Day run is 1030 meet at changing rooms for an 11 start.
Handicap is 27th 1030 meet so times can be sorted for an 11 start at Royal.
Anyone wishing to enter club draw for London place should bring their rejection letter to Royal on day of Handicap. At this stage there is only 1 place although it seems our membership numbers should see us allocated 2 places, this is being looked into but not sure we can do anything.
Please allow a few minutes either side.
0800 – Norton (outside Dave’s)
0810 – Mill Lane
0815 – Skellow Grange
0825 – Ringways
0835 – B and Q (awkward Pete)
Norton 9 Entries closed – Entry on the day will be available (form here for convenience 2015Norton9EntryForm)
Frequently asked questions:
- we always allow entries on the day however do charge an additional £2, please enter before the day; it helps both us and you
- pre-entry prices are £8 for UKA and £10 for unaffiliated
- DN6 9DG to get to the car parking/race HQ
- race starts at 1100
- unfortunately we can’t transfer unused entries to next years event and/or other races. However, tell us in time and we can transfer to a club mate/friend.
- we don’t do chip timing, don’t worry though – there were races accurately timed prior to 2010!
- its always sunny on the day (honest)
Hope to see you there.
A wet one today… Well done to all those who didn’t let the conditions deter them, we had a 120 runners enter on the day!
Results here: 2014 Askern 10 Mile Results
Thanks to all the soggy marshals too.
Are available here: 2014 Askern 10km Results v2 (Updated 22/05) and soon to be available on John Schofield’s excellent site here: http://www.ukresults.net/14may.html#askern
These are preliminary results and subject to change.
A huge field with over 670 finishers meant this event is as popular as ever, hopefully you’ll be back next year.
Thanks to all the supporters and marshals who make this event possible. We like to keep our races as affordable as possible and all help is on a volunteer basis.
One race finishes and another one starts…
Entry for the 2014 Askern 10km is open:
Some info for frequently asked questions:
- Entry is available on the day, however a £2 surcharge is in place so please enter prior if you can.
- Closing date for entries: 14th May 2014.
- Race starts at 1900h / 7.00pm.
- There is /no/ fun-run for this event
- Car parking and race HQ is at Askern Miners Welfare, Manor Rd. Askern, Doncaster DN6 0AJ. Its well signposted from the A19.
- Entries /cannot/ be transferred to other events, please don’t be offended.
Enter early and run well!
The results from both the main race and fun run are here: 2014 Norton 9 Mile Results
Thanks to everyone for entering and the marshals / administrators who enable this race to be run cheaply for the benefit of all.
Conditions were a little tricky but hopefully not too bad. The overall race winner entered on the day so wasn’t eligible for a prize! Always try to pre-enter to save yourself time and £2 on the day.
Hopefully see you all next year.
As per the title, Norton 9 on-line entries are closing one day early due to logistics, so please enter before 22nd Feb. Thanks.
Are available from here: 2013 Askern 10 Mile Results.
Race report to follow…